August 10, 2020
The permanent nails They are one of the most popular beauty rituals among women. If you want save some money and you have the correct tools, you can do this type of manicure in your own home and in no time. Next, we tell you how Step by Step.
How to do permanent nails step by step
The process to do the pedicure or permanent manicure at home not difficult when you have everything you need. Make sure you have the following utensils before you start: permanent enamel the color or colors that you like the most (if you don’t have it, you can use a normal or semi-permanent nail polish), gel primer, top coat, cuticle clippers, nail clippers, lime, uv light lamp, pure acetone, a orange stick and disinfectant cleaner. You can also include a hydrating polish or cuticle moisturizer in the kit.
Before starting the permanent manicure, you may have painted nails, so you should remove enamel current using cotton moistened with pure acetone. Rub it on the surface until your natural nail.
Steps to make permanent nails:
- Put your nails in a bowl of water for 2 minutes. This way, the cuticle will be soft and it may be much easier for you to clean them.
- Next, dry your hands and proceed to clean the cuticle area using the orange stick and with the help of the cuticle cutter, remove the excess.
- Cut your nails and file them to the desired size and shape. When finished, use the soft part of the file to smooth the nail surface.
- Clean your nails with the help of a disinfectant cleaner that removes any trace of dirt.
- With clean nails we apply a layer of gel primer (or base) on the surface of each one. Depending on how thick you want to achieve, you can apply a second coat.
- The time has come for apply permanent enamel. You can perform the technique that you like the most (and that you know how to do), such as nails with a gradient effect or with geometric shapes of different colors, you choose!
- When applying the polish on one hand, turn on the UV lamp and place it under UV light for 1 minute until the enamel dries. When finished, repeat the procedure with the opposite hand.
- If you think you need to apply a second coat of enamel permanent, do it and repeat the drying process with the uv light lamp.
- To finish, apply a layer of glitter top coat and reposition nails under UV light.
And that’s how easy it is to do a permanent manicure! If you have the right nail kit and all the tools, it is a matter of time before you become an expert in this beauty technique. Soon you will be able to experiment with more elaborate designs.
How long do permanent nails last?
One of the benefits of permanent nails is that they can last intact for several weeks. However, it should be noted that, if you make a semi-permanent manicure with a semi-permanent glaze, the result can last much less.
For this reason it is worth buying a good quality permanent nail polish that allows you to make your ideal nails and enjoy them during 3 or 4 weeks. Also, if you include in your manicure a good top coat, the result will be much better and you will be able to enjoy your nails without the fear that the polish will be damaged.
Tips and recommendations to follow
To make your nails look incredible and flawless, we have prepared several tips and recommendations to follow during the manicure that can help you get a good result. Trust us, your nails will thank you.
- Use excellent products
- Apply a moisturizing polish before using the primer gel to prevent the nail from drying out.
- Keep your hands hydrated with the help of a oil, cream or lotion.
- put sunscreen in your hands before receiving the UV light.
Written by Lucía Poyo Vallina