Having hydrated and juicy lips has become an essential purpose when it comes to body beauty. Although many times we do not pay attention to them, there are, more and more, different products that dominate the market for lip care: lip scrubs, cocoa, vaseline and repair balms, among others.
Changes in temperature, excessive use of lipsticks or the type of drinks we consume can make us need a good lip scrub. If it is the first time that you use this product, or if, on the contrary, you are an expert, we will give you all the keys to make your lips look radiant and healthy at any time of the day.
The most important
- The women of ancient Mesopotamia already created their own lipsticks and scrubs using crushed plants and minerals that they applied with great care to the delicate skin that covered their mouths.
- Our lips are like little sponges. If they lack moisture, and are also dry, a layer of dead cells becomes visible. It is important to exfoliate them between one and two times a week and then use a good balm.
- Drink 2 liters of water a day, or what is the same, about 8 or 10 glasses of water. It is essential to have healthy lips. It is cold or hot, try to carry a bottle of water with you and if it is summer, increase the dose of liquid you drink.
The best lip scrubs on the market: our favorites
If while reading this article you are licking your lips and you are noticing some small “skin”, yes, they are dead cells and they should be eliminated. That is why we are going to show you which are five of the best lip scrubs on the market. Grab a pen and paper and aim!
The most practical lip scrub
This lip scrub option is one of the most comfortable, as it does not require rinsing. In addition, it has among its ingredients sugar particles that, when moistened, soften the skin of the lips, eliminate residues and accumulated dirt, in addition to reducing dead skin and small “skins”.
It also contains essence of shea butter, which also causes a feeling of well-being and that the lips are fuller and also more elastic. Its pink color leaves us with a very beautiful color on the lips, as well as a unique shine and elasticity.
The best lip scrub easiest to apply
In this case, Sephora is betting on a product with honey. Thanks to the natural enzymes it contains, honey is capable of giving the skin extreme hydration as well as being a wonderful antioxidant that helps to regenerate the skin.
Sephora presents this product in the form of a stick , which makes it very easy to apply and can be taken anywhere. Its honey perfume is completely addictive and makes us want to apply it constantly, although we must remember that it should only be applied once or twice a week.
The most hydrating lip scrub
No products found.
Brown sugar is the main ingredient in this Xiton lip scrub. It contains very natural ingredients that help prevent moisture loss and make lips look juicy, shiny and healthy.
An exfoliant without added aroma, ideal for all those who are not looking for a specific fragrance, but a product that is very natural. It also contains coconut oil and vitamin E, which help repair dry and chapped lips.
The most natural lip scrub
If what you are looking for is an option that is 100% natural and made in Europe, the Bimble option is your option. An organic option that respects the environment, both in its ingredients and in its way of production.
Apart from the fact that their scrubs are manufactured in the United Kingdom, they do not contain parabens (they are a group of chemical agents widely used as preservatives in foods, drugs, and cosmetics) or mineral oil. Also, it uses sugar cane and organic jojoba oil.
The best lip scrub with Hydra-Lock technology
The particularity of this scrub is that it uses an innovative technology in terms of lip protection. This is Hydra-Lock technology. What this formula achieves is a longer duration of hydration throughout the day. They use a special non-drying polymer called polybutane.
In this case, the lip scrub comes in the form of a stick so that it is comfortable to use and they recommend using it whenever we notice dryness or lack of hydration on the lips. It also uses natural ingredients, both sugar and shea butter. The Wunder2 brand is a socially conscious brand as it does not test on animals.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Lip Scrubs
If you have doubts about lip scrubs, calm down, you are not the only one. Many women have ever heard about them, but they do not know their ingredients very well, the times to apply it, whether to remove them with water or not. We are going to get you out of your doubts so that you can choose the scrub that best suits your pace of life and your skin type.
What are lip scrubs?
“Beauty is power, and the smile is its sword.”
How often should I use a lip scrub?
|Stick scrub||Jar scrub|
|Transport||Easy to transport||Ideal for home|
|Use||Individual preferably||Can be used by the whole family|
|Texture||Solid texture||Creamy texture|
What are the benefits of lip scrubs?
- Eliminates dead cells : It is one of its main functions, to keep it soft and cared for, with a healthy appearance. In addition, it promotes the renewal of cells. It makes the unsightly “skins” disappear.
- Activates blood circulation : The massages we do at the time of applying the scrub activate blood circulation. All this favors the elimination of impurities.
- Feeling of well-being : The aromas and ingredients used in these scrubs make us feel an instant sensation of pleasure as soon as we apply it.
- Returns the lips their natural color : Exfoliation removes the impurities that so many lipsticks have been able to leave on them, providing softness and a return to our natural color.
- Tones the dry skin of the lips : The massage with which we apply the exfoliant and the mineral ingredients of its composition make a natural moisturizing appear.
How are lip scrubs used?
- With warm water we must clean the area in which we are going to apply the product.
- We apply the scrub in a generous way, trying to cover the entire area where we want it to take effect.
- We rub them against each other and remove the residue with a tissue (some scrubs recommend removing the residue with warm water). Some people use a toothbrush to improve blood circulation.
- Use lip balm or cocoa to increase the hydration achieved.
- We must apply the scrub between one or two times a week. It does not matter what time of day we apply it. Some exfoliants recommend doing it within our nighttime facial routine, so that it takes effect at night, when the skin does not suffer the attacks of the weather.